Thursday 10 March 2011

7) Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to your full task?

Looking back at my preliminary task I definitely feel that during the progression my skills have improved.

I have been able to develop my skills in Photoshop and for my main task I used it to produce a more aesthetically pleasing product.  I also feel that my final product would be a successful brand and would develop much stronger brand loyalty from its readers in comparison with my school magazine.

I think that my main task has enabled me to consider much more feedback than my previous task and therefore create a more professional product.

In the progression from my preliminary task I feel have learnt how to appeal to a more specific target audience. This is because I learnt how to carry out more in depth research into different social groups to develop my own clear audience. Although I used the same research techniques for my preliminary task, in the progression I learnt how to make my research in multi media formats, for example, using an online tool to create a questionnaire for my focus group - making it more accessible for my audience, therefore making my findings more reliable.

In the progression from my preliminary task and my main task I have also learnt how to incorporate more forms and conventions of real media products. This is because I could carry out more detailed generic research, analysing existing media products. This meant I could use, develop and challenge more conventions when I created my front cover, contents page and double page spread in comparison to my preliminary task where I only produced a front cover for the school magazine.

Since the preliminary task I have learnt how to present my work in multi media formats. For example I used iMovie to present my audience research and some of my evaluation. I also learnt to use Prezi; an online zoom presentation tool which I used to present my generic research.

Overall I can definitely see an advance in my ability and skills in the progression from my preliminary task to now. I am definitely more pleased with my final product however, I think my preliminary task allowed me to gain the essential skills I needed to make a successful music magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment