Monday 14 March 2011

3) What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?

I think that my media product could be distributed by IPC Media. IPC Media is a massively successful media institution in the United Kingdom, selling approximately 350 million magazines annually. I think that 'Eclectic' would be suited with IPC Media because it is very successful with magazines that are similar to mine. For example, magazines such as 'LOOK' and 'NME' are published and distributed by IPC Media. Both of these magazines have a similar target demographic to my product and are also marketed at a similar price. They are also marketed in a similar way as I would like my product to be marketed through the use of online media, social networking sites, radio stations and TV Channels. IPC is also a digital publishing company and because my target demographic use digital technology a lot, I think if my product were to be distributed by IPC it would help to develop the readership and brand identity of my magazine, therefore I think 'Eclectic' would possibly be distributed by a media institution such as IPC Media.


No comments:

Post a Comment